Creole Dirty Rice
Recipe type: Main
- ½ lb beef or chicken liver, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ cup finely diced green bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups COOKED rice
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, add the cooking oil, and when it's hot, add the liver pieces and cook until just browned.
- Remove pieces with slotted spoon.
- Add the green bell pepper, celery, and onion to hot skillet and cook until softened slightly; reduce heat to low.
- Return liver to skillet and add crushed tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, stir, cover skillet and simmer gently for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in rice and serve.