Scallops is one of my daughters favorite foods. She would eat seafood all day every day.
Freezer to Oven Scallop Casseroles
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 C (about 2 lbs) fresh scallops
- ¼ Cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium size green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 Cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Cup light cream
- 1 Cup shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 small foil pie pans
- Aluminum foil
- Place the scallops in a large saucepan.
- Just cover the scallops with water.
- Place saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring water to a rapid boil.
- When water is boiling rapidly remove from heat.
- Drain scallops well.
- Place the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the butter has completely melted add the green pepper, onion and celery.
- Cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
- Place scallops in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the vegetables.
- Put the bread crumbs in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the salt and pepper to the bread crumbs mix together well.
- Add the bread crumb mixture to the scallops and vegetables.
- Stir to combine well.
- Place the scallop mixture into the 6 foil pie pans.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled pour ⅓ C of the light cream over the scallop mixture in each pan.
- Wrap the pie pans tightly in aluminum foil.
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To cook preheat oven to 450° degrees.
- Do not thaw the casseroles.
- Place them wrapped on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Unwrap and sprinkle each with cheese.
- Continue baking for 15 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.
Freezer to Oven Scallop Casseroles was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by