Saucy Kidney Beans And Rice
Recipe type: Main
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 - 16 oz cans red kidney beans, plus 2 cans water
- 8 oz cooked smoked sausage, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ tsp any Creole seasoning blend
- ¼ tsp hot sauce
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Add all remaining ingredients into a large saucepan over low heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add cooked rice to kidney bean mixture.
- Stir until rice is mixed in well.
Saucy Kidney Beans And Rice was last modified: May 29th, 2014 by