Recipe type: Drinks
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces best-available-quality bittersweet chocolate chopped into teeny-weeny bits
- 1 1⁄2cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Toast marshmallows over a campfire or stove-top until golden brown; let cool and reserve.In a small pot,
- Bring half-and-half to a boil.
- In a medium bowl add chocolate; pour cream over chocolate and stir until chocolate has fully melted.
- Return chocolate to the pot and whisk in milk.
- Over medium heat, bring to a simmer and stir in ½ cup of amaretto.\
- Pour remaining amaretto into a small bowl so that it is ¼ inch deep and place graham cracker crumbs on a small saucer ¼ inch deep.
- To assemble, dip the rims of each shot glass in amaretto, then in the graham cracker crumbs.Fill glasses with hot chocolate and top each with a toasted marshmallow (make your life easier by transferring the hot chocolate first to a measuring cup with a spout).