Pork With Hot Peanut Sauce
Recipe type: Main
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- ½ pound pork butt
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot -- minced
- ½ cup preserved radish
- 4 squares firm bean curd
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 dried hot red chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ⅓ cup stock
- ½ teaspoon MSG - (this is totally optional for dietary reasons)
- Soak radish in warm water for 45 minutes.
- Drain radish and cut in to ½" cubes.
- Cut pork into ½" cubes
- Drain & rinse canned bean curd; cut into ½" cubes
- Cut green onions, including tops, in to ½ finger length size.
- Cream together peanut butter and soy sauce.
- Mix in remaining sauce ingredients.
- Add oil to hot fry-pan or wok.
- Add pork to hot oil.
- Fry for approximately 1 minute.
- Add garlic & ginger; stir-fry for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Transfer pork to saucepan; add peanut sauce; simmer for 15 minutes, adding onions in about 7 minutes in.
- Remove excess oil.
- Add more stock if sauce thickens
- Steam radish and bean curd for approximately 15 minutes.
- Top vegetables with pork and peanut sauce
- Server warm.
- Enjoy !
Pork With Hot Peanut Sauce was last modified: April 29th, 2014 by