Recipe type: Main
- 1 lb ground turkey meat
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cumin
- pinch ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup raisins
- refrigerated pie crust sheets - for 2 pie crusts
- In a large cast iron skillet, brown the turkey. Add the onions when the turkey is almost cooked, and continue cooking until the onions are translucent. Then add the next 7 ingredients (everything except the pie crusts) and turn heat down to low; simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Unroll the pie crust sheets and cut both into even quarters and place on baking sheet. Spoon the mixture into the middle and fold over, matching edges of the crust. Seal the edges by pressing the tines of a fork along.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and cool slightly.