Recipe type: Entree
- ½ lb ground chuck
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1½ Cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 3 Cups cooked rice, divided
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ Cup milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Aluminum foil
- Freezer wrap
- Place the ground chuck and ground pork into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg, onion, celery salt, nutmeg and allspice.
- Sprinkle in ½ C of the Swiss cheese and 1 C of the cooked rice.
- Mix together well with your hands.
- Form into meatballs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the meatballs in a large baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes or until browned.
- Place meatballs in the refrigerator for fast cooling.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the remaining Swiss cheese, the soup and milk.
- Add the garlic, Parmesan cheese and the remaining cooked rice.
- Mix all together well.
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Pour the Swiss cheese mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Place the cooled meatballs into the mixture.
- Cover with freezer wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To reheat place casserole in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 45 minutes or until hot.
Meatball Mayhem was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by