Summer Vegetable Bowl
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 small white onions
- 1 green pepper - diced
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 pound green beans
- 8 oz corn
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 small zucchini - 1" chunks
- 5 celery stalks - 1" slices
- 1 large tomato - cut in wedges
- In 6-quart Dutch oven over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp; pat dry with paper towels.
- Saute onions and green pepper; cook until golden;.
- Add hot water and next 5 ingredients green beans, corn, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Bring boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and celery; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Arrange veggies on large platter and crumble bacon over top.
- Garnish with tomato wedges.
Summer Vegetable Bowl was last modified: April 10th, 2014 by