Scallops In Creamy Cucumber Sauce
- 2 large seedless cucumbers-diced
- ½ tsp kosher salt, divided in half
- 3 tsp butter, divided in half
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided in half
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1½ lbs sea scallops, patted dry
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice for serving
- Dice cucumbers, then put in a colander over plate. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt and set aside for 30 minutes. This will help the excess water come out of the cucumbers.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, add ½ the butter and ½ the olive oil.
- When oil and butter are hot, add the drained cucumbers and cook, until cucumbers soften and lightly browned (stir often).
- Add the sour cream,cook and stir for approximately 1 minute or until creamy and hot.
- Add the remaining butter and olive oil to skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the scallops to hot butter and oil, sprinkle with the remaining salt and all the black pepper and cook, turning, until lightly browned. Do NOT under cook the scallops.
- Add cucumber mixture back in to skillet and mix well until evenly heated.
- Serve over ½ Cup brown rice.
Scallops In Creamy Cucumber Sauce was last modified: May 15th, 2014 by