Recipe type: Main
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- ½ cups chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped zucchini
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450° F for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 350° F.
- In a skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms in butter. Add the curry powder, salt, pepper and cinnamon; mix well. Spoon into crust.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add the milk and cheese; mix well. Carefully pour over vegetables. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Vegetarian Quiche was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by