Whole Wheat Mac 'N Real Cheese
Recipe type: Side
- 8 oz whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1¾ cups milk, divided
- 3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Cook macaroni according to package direction.
- When macaroni is half way cooked add frozen vegetables and continue cooking until macaroni is tender.
- Drain through a colander and keep warm.
- In sauce pan, add 1½ cups of the milk to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk together remaining milk, flour, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add flour mixture to simmering milk, simmer until thickened.
- Add both cheeses and mustard, stir constantly until cheese is melted completely.
- Add Macaroni and Vegetables, stirring until well coated.
Whole Wheat Mac ‘N Real Cheese was last modified: June 4th, 2014 by