Recipe type: Main
- 1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ teaspoon basil leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 large tomato
- 1 medium chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt -- optional
- ¼ teaspoon oregano leaves
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 medium zucchini -- approximately 9 inches
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine tomato sauce, onion, basil, salt, pepper and oregano in small mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella and parsley
- Set aside
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into strips (making it look like strips of lasagna noodles)
- Arrange zucchini in 8x8 baking pan.
- Layer 4 to 6 of the strips in the bottom of baking dish
- Reserve 6 strips for second layer
- Spread ricotta mixture over zucchini
- Layer with sliced tomatoes
- Spread half of tomato sauce mixture over tomatoes; top with zucchini slices
- Pour remaining sauce over zucchini and sprinkle with Parmesan
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Drain any excess juice from the lasagna.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Summer Lasagna was last modified: April 18th, 2014 by