Recipe type: Fish
- 1 lb raw firm white fish - Examples: tilapia, cod, haddock, etc.
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup sweet onion, finely diced
- ½ cup Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano flakes
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut the raw fish up into small (1/2 inch) cubes and put in a large glass bowl or baking dish.
- Add to the fish the next 8 ingredients; toss gently to combine, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove and add the olive oil, avocado, and cilantro; toss and serve immediately with crackers, tortilla chips, on greens, or as a condiment or side dish.
- The citrus 'cooks' the fish, similar to pickling but without a vinegar taste, so you are not actually eating raw fish.
Citrus Ceviche was last modified: May 27th, 2014 by