Yuca Fish Patties
Recipe type: Seafood
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 green onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 lb cooked flaky fish (not oily fish)
- 1 cup cooked smashed yuca
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ tsp yellow or brown prepared mustard
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- sprinkle red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Get out a skillet and put over low heat. Add the oil, green onion, and garlic and cook just until onion softens slightly and garlic is fragrant; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the fish, yuca, bread crumbs, mustard, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, and cilantro; blend with a fork until combined, then add the egg and onion/garlic, and mix until incorporated.
- Form into patties and set aside while you prepare a skillet.
- Get out a large heavy skillet and put over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil enough to come up to ⅛ inch in skillet. When hot, carefully add the patties a few at a time and cook until browned on both sides. This should take only a few minutes on each side.
- Remove and let cool slightly before serving. May serve alongside a salad or in a bun like you would a burger. Top with guacamole, salsa, or sour cream if you wish.
Yuca Fish Patties was last modified: May 27th, 2014 by