Best Bran Muffins
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-bran cereal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg -- beaten
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup molasses
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineIn natural juice -- undrained
- ½ cup chopped nuts and/or raisins
- In a mixing bowl combine oats, flours, cereal, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Combine the egg, oil, molasses, buttermilk and pineapple.
- Pour mixture in with dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in nuts and/or raisins.
- Fill 18 greased muffin cups ⅔ full
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until golden brown
Bran Muffins was last modified: April 15th, 2014 by