Sausage And Potato Turnovers
Recipe type: Main
- 1 large Potato
- ½ pound Bulk Pork Sausage
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Salt -- to taste
- 2 cups Masa Harina
- 1¼ cups Warm water
- Vegetable oil -- for deep-frying
- Peel potato and cut in to small pieces to they cook fast.
- In a saucepan boil potatoes in salted water for approximately 5 minutes or until tender.
- In skillet cook pork sausage.
- Add potato, oregano, and salt to taste and cook, stirring, 5 minutes
- Cool filling completely
- Line Baking sheets with wax paper
- In bowl mix together masa harina and warm water until a dough forms.
- Break off small pieces of dough and shape into about forty 1-inch balls
- Place balls on baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap.
- Roll out to approximately 2½ inches wide.
- Place 1 rounded teaspoon of filling in each Tortillas.
- Heat grease to 375°F and deep fry turnovers for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown