Chocolate Mint Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 - 12 oz can Evaporated Milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 9-inch chocolate crumb crust
- 1 - 3.4 oz package vanilla instant pudding
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1 - 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels (garish)
- Melt 1 cup morsels and ⅓ cup evaporated milk in double boiler over medium heat.
- Stir in butter; then pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes,
- Mix remaining evaporated milk, pudding mix, water, peppermint extract and food coloring.
- Stir in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Spoon over chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with additional Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels as garish.