Devilish Mocha Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
- ⅔ Cup butter flavored syrup
- 2½ Cup toasted rice cereal
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 pint mocha or coffee flavored ice cream
- ⅓ Cup chopped pecans
- 1 C whipped topping
- Aluminum foil
- Place a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the syrup and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes being sure to stir often.
- Place the cereal in a large bowl.
- Pour the syrup over the cereal.
- Mix together with a rubber spatula being sure cereal is completely covered.
- Very lightly butter a 9 in pie plate.
- Press cereal mixture into bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate ice cream in the refrigerator to soften so it will be easier to spread.
- Remove the cereal crust from the freezer.
- Spread the chocolate ice cream over the cereal crust.
- Return to freezer until ice cream becomes firm again.
- Soften the mocha or coffee ice cream.
- Add the pecans and stir together well.
- Spread over the chocolate ice cream in the pie.
- Return to the freezer until firm.
- Remove and wrap tightly in freezer wrap until ready to serve.
- Before serving, top with the whip topping.
Devilish Mocha Pie was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by