Italian Vegetable Pasta Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 16 oz penne
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen Italian vegetables, thawed
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup good olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup diced sweet red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- ¼ cup shredded fresh basil
- ¼ cup diced ripe olives
- Bring a large stock pot salt cold water and bring to a boil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add thawed vegetables 2 minutes before the pasta is cooked completely.
- Drain pasta and veggies into a colander and let sit.
- In large bowl mix to red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and whisk until frothy.
- Add pasta and red pepeper to dressing mixture and toss until coated well.
- May be served room temperature or cooled.