Frozen Ice Ring Decoration
- 2 qt ring mold
- 4 maraschino cherries, quartered to make 16 pieces
- 16 orange sections
- 16 lemon peel strips
- 16 lime peel strips
- Pre-Chill the mold in the freezer for about an hour.
- Remove mold from the freezer, rinse in cold water to prepare.
- Do not dry the mold.
- Put the mold back in the freezer for a few minutes, until there is a thin coat of frost on the inside.
- Arrange the fruit pieces in each section of the mold.
- Cover the bottom of the mold with a little bit of water.
- If you add too much water, the fruit will float.
- Put the mold back in the freezer until the water freezes into ice.
- Remove from the freezer and add enough water to cover the fruit completely.
- Put the mold back in the freezer until the ice sets again.
- Remove from the freezer and fill the mold to the top with water.
- Put the mold back in the freezer, one last time, and wait until it freezes completely.
- To release the Ice Ring from the mold, run cold water over the mold.
- This ice ring looks great in a punch bowl.
Frozen Ice Ring Decoration was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by