Recipe type: Seafood
- 1 cup fish stock or water
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- ½ tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds medium - shells removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
- ½ lemon -- juice of
- Combine stock, onion, turmeric, salt and ginger in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and mix well.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until the shrimp turns pink, approximately 4 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon.
- Strain and reserve the shrimp broth.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat
- Add then flour and curry and stir, cooking until its browns a bit, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp broth a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp and the lemon juice
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Cook until the shrimp are hot, approximately 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, over brown or white rice.
Curried Shrimp was last modified: April 17th, 2014 by