Recipe type: Spread
- ½ pound feta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium Italian pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 pickled green pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- pepper to taste
- ½ lemon -- strained juice only
- black olive -- for garnish
- In medium bowl, mash feta with potato masher and slowly add olive oil, chopped peppers, oregano, and black pepper
- Add mixture to food processor and process for approximately 2 minutes adding in lemon juice a little at a time, until feta is creamy
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving
Beer Cheese Spread
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 pounds sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic -- mashed
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Tabasco sauce -- to taste
- ½ bottle beer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Remove cheese from fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Cut cheese in to small chunks and place in food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Put in garlic, Worcestershire, mustard and Tabasco and blend well
- Put in beer a little at a time and mix well. Add beer until the mixture is a firm spreading consistency.
- Mix in salt.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Server with crackers and/or toasted rye bread.
Deluxe Salmon Spread
Recipe type: Seafood
- 1 pound cooked salmon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced pimento
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried dill
- Put mayonnaise, pepper and pimento into blender on low until smooth.
- Empty blender into bowl and mix well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Chill and server with bread or crackers.
From The Galley