Cincinnati Beer Cheese Dip
Recipe type: Dip
- 3 - 6 oz packages sharp cheddar cheese -- softened
- 1½ ounces Roquefort or blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter-- softened
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 medium onion -- minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ½ cup beer -- heated and slightly cooled, (up to 1 cup)
- 1 loaf round rye bread
- In a food processor mix cheese, butter, onion, garlic, Worcestershire and Tabasco.
- Mix in enough beer until mixture is a good dipping consistency for bread chunks.
- Take a round pumpernickel loaf of bread and hollow out the center and add the mixture in the hollowed out section.
- Use the pieces of bread you hollowed out of the bread as dipping bread.