Summer Squash Casserole
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3 medium yellow summer squash
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet red peppers
- 5 scallions
- ⅔ cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a deep 3-quart casserole, combine the squash, water, garlic, marjoram, oregano, and black pepper.
- Cover microwave on High for 5 minutes
- Stir, Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes more or until squash is tender.
- Strain excess juice out in colander and put in blender.
- Blend to chunky consistency.
- Place the butter in the casserole dish and microwave until melted.
- Stir in the red peppers and scallions
- Cover and microwave for approximately 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in eggs, Cheddar, parsley, and breadcrumbs into the scallion mixture
- Add the squash puree.
- Cover and microwave on High for 5 minutes
- Cover microwave (50% power) for approximately 5 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, or until the center is set.
Summer-Squash Casserole was last modified: April 10th, 2014 by