Strawberry Surprise Freezer Jam
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 pint boxes of fresh strawberries, washed, drained and hulls removed
- 2½ Cups of fresh pineapple, peeled and finely chopped
- 7 Cups sugar
- 2 packages (1¾ oz) powdered pectin
- 1 Cups cold water
- 4 pint freezer containers with lids
- Place strawberries in a large mixing bowl.
- Use a potato masher to crush the strawberries.
- Measure out 2½ Cups strawberries and place in a separate bowl and add pineapple to strawberries.
- Add in sugar slowly and combined completely.
- Place the cold water in a saucepan over medium heat and add pectic and bring to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour the water mixture into with the fruit.
- Stir well to combine.
- Continue stirring 4 minutes.
- Pour into the pt freezer containers and cover.
- Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Freeze after 24 hours.
- Jam will stay good in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To use, remove from freezer and allow to come to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
Strawberry Surprise Freezer Jam was last modified: April 10th, 2014 by