Simple Curried Pineapple Rice
Recipe type: Side
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ cups uncooked rice
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ cup diced pineapple
- Put broth and rice in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover saucepan and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat butter over medium-low heat, then add onion, curry powder, garlic powder, and diced pineapple and cook together just until onion are tender.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet over low heat, stir and allow to heat until rice is mixed with all ingredients and warm.
- Server Immediately while still hot.
Simple Curried Pineapple Rice was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by