Easy Skillet Chilaquiles
Recipe type: Main
- 12 small corn tortillas, torn into small strips
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 to 2 cups homemade salsa (roja or verde)
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
- homemade salsa for topping
- In large skillet over medium heat, add cooking oil; when hot add the tortilla strips and cook, flipping often until they browned slightly and slightly crisp
- Pour in the salsa and stir to coat the tortilla pieces well; reducing heat to low.
- Top the tortilla strips with chicken and cover with shredded cheese. Loosely cover the skillet, allowing the chicken to warm and the cheese to melt. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
Easy Skillet Chilaquiles was last modified: May 29th, 2014 by