Burritos That Are Sure To Please
Recipe type: Entree
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ jar (16 oz size) salsa
- 1 (14.5 oz) can refried beans
- 1 (8 oz) pkg shredded taco cheese
- 1 (8 count) pkg burrito size tortillas
- Wax paper
- Freezer bags
- Place the chicken breasts in a large sauce pan and cover with salsa. Add just enough water to cover the chicken completely. Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Chicken should be white all the way through when done. Remove the chicken from pot and cool completely and then shred and return to pot. Bring back to boil to reduce liquid of the mixture looks to watery. Remove from heat when it is at your desired thickness.
- Lay down tortilla flat.
- Place 3 T of refried beans down the middle of the tortilla.
- Place 4 T of the chicken mixture on top of the beans.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold in the sides of the tortilla and roll until completely closed.
- Continue until you used all the tortillas.
- Wrap each burrito in the wax paper.
- Place the burritos in a freezer bag.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To cook unwrap the burritos.
- Place in the microwave for about 3 minutes or just until the burrito is beginning to thaw.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with a non stick cooking spray.
- Lay the burritos on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until the burrito just begins to brown.
Burritos That Are Sure To Please was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by