Tangy Heirloom Tomato Soup
Recipe type: Soup
- 1½ lbs ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored and diced - do not remove skins
- ½ cup good tomato paste
- ¼ cup chopped celery leaves
- dash chili powder
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp good olive oil
- 6 to 10 fresh basil leaves - to your taste
- 1½ cups to 2 cups water - depending on thickness desired
- sea salt and black pepper as needed
- Add all ingredients in to blender and puree until smooth.
- Add desired amount of water and puree to mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate soup overnight so the ingredients meld together.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh basil leaves.
Tangy Heirloom Tomato Soup was last modified: July 17th, 2014 by