Creamy Carrot And Rice Soup
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 lb regular carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth, divided
- ¼ tsp dried tarragon
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 2 to 3 cups COOKED rice (depending on preference)
- sour cream for garnish
- Combine carrots and onion in a soup pot with the oil; cook over medium heat, just until vegetables soften.
- Add 2 cups chicken broth, tarragon, and white pepper, reduce to low, simmer slowly for 10 minutes.
- Put mixture into food processor and process until pureed, then pour back into soup pot.
- Add 2 additional cups of broth to the soup pot, then stir in the rice over medium heat and stir, cooking until heated through.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream on top of each serving.
Creamy Carrot And Rice Soup was last modified: May 29th, 2014 by