Cool Lemon Treats
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 C toasted rice cereal, crushed
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ C sugar
- 1 T lemon peel, grated
- ⅓ C lemon juice
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 6 small foil pie pans
- Freezer paper
- Place egg whites in a mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until peaks begin to form.
- Very slowly add the sugar on 2 T at a time.
- Continue beating after each addition and until the peaks stiffen.
- Place the egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- Beat on medium speed until they begin to thicken.
- Add the lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Beat on low speed until mixed together well.
- Use a rubber spatula and add the egg yolk mixture to the egg white mixture.
- Pour the whipping cream into the mixture.
- Fold together until completely combined.
- Place enough crushed cereal in the bottom of each of the pie pans to cover.
- Fill each of the pie pans with the lemon mixture.
- Top with more crushed cereal.
- Wrap tightly with the freezer paper and freeze for up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve let the lemon treats set in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
Cool Lemon Treats was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by