Brown Rice Spanish Skillet
Recipe type: Rice
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 large sweet onion, diced fine
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced fine
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 - 15 oz can diced tomatoes-green chili blend
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp chipotle pepper
- Add oil in large skillet over medium heat; add the brown rice, onion, and bell pepper and saute, stirring, until the vegetables soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir, reduce heat to low, cover the skillet loosely, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Serve hot or room temperature as a side dish with grilled meat of your choice.
Brown Rice Spanish Skillet was last modified: May 29th, 2014 by