Beef Hominy Stew
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cups water
- 1 - 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 - 28 oz can hominy
- Get out a large pot, add the oil, and when hot, add the beef and cook quickly just until beef browns well.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper; stir and cook for 30 seconds, then add cilantro and water; stir.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover the pot, and allow to simmer very slowly for about 15 minutes, or until the meat is very tender.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste, cover the pot again, and allow to simmer very slowly for about 15 minutes.
- Add the hominy, cover pot loosely, and allow to simmer slowly for another 15 minutes, stirring often.
Beef Hominy Stew was last modified: May 29th, 2014 by