Savory Prune Chicken Bake
Recipe type: Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken pieces - bone in, skin removed
- 1 cup good balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup good olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp mixed dried herbs (suggest rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil, sage, cumin)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 8 oz prunes, rough chopped
- 2 Cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange Chicken pieces in 13x9 baking pan.
- Whisk together vinegar olive oil, water, dried herbs, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, and prunes, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the Chicken, making sure it is coated well.
- Bake for 15 minutes covered with aluminum foil.
- Reduce heat 325°F and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Server over a bed of ½ Cup cooked brown rice.
Savory Prune Chicken Bake was last modified: May 15th, 2014 by