Mouthwatering Plum Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 T lemon juice
- 4 C purple plums, sliced
- 1 C sugar
- 2 T quick cooking tapioca
- ½ t cinnamon
- ½ t nutmeg
- Freezer pie crust for 2 crusts
- 2 T butter or margarine
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Put the plums into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a second bowl, mix the sugar, tapioca, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Place plums into the bowl with the sugar mixture and toss to cover them.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cover a 9 in pie plate with aluminum foil. Be sure to extend the foil at least 6 inches past the edge of the pie plate.
- Fill the pie plate with the plum filling mixture.
- Fold the edges of the foil over the top.
- Freeze for at least three hours ( overnight works well ).
- Add another layer of foil over the top and secure it tightly over the filling.
- Store in freezer for up to six months.
- When it is time to bake, remove the crust and filling from the freezer.
- Wait until the crust comes to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out an eleven inch circle from one of the crusts and place it in the pie plate.
- Fill pie plate with the filling you made previously.
- Roll out a ten inch circle out of the second pie crust.
- Place dots of butter on the filling.
- Lay the second pie crust on top of the pie, crimp the edges, and be sure to cut off any extra.
- Cut four slits into the upper crusts to release steam.
- Bake your plum pie for 45 minutes at 425 degrees or until golden brown.
Mouthwatering Plum Pie was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by