Have Me Later Chili
Recipe type: Main
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans chili beans
- 2 Tablespoon cornstarch, optional
- ¼ Cups water, optional
- Place the ground chuck in a large skillet over medium heat and brown with onions and garlic until onions are tender.
- Drain well.
- Place the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper into a large saucepan.
- Place over high heat.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Add the meat and beans.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Place saucepan in the refrigerator for a rapid cool.
- Pour chili into freezer containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, remove chili from the freezer.
- Place ¼ C of water in a saucepan.
- Add the chili and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- To thicken chili mix the cornstarch and ¼ C water together.
- Add to the chili and stir well.
Have Me Later Chili was last modified: April 10th, 2014 by