Frozen Creamy Broccoli
Recipe type: Side
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli cut into 2 in pieces
- 1 Cup water
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, drained
- 3 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Freezer containers
- Place the water in a large saucepan and add the salt.
- Bring to a rapid boil and add the broccoli.
- Steam for 6 minutes and drain well when finished.
- Place the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Let the butter completely melt.
- Add the onion and mushrooms.
- Cook until the onion becomes tender about 5 minutes and drain well.
- Place the broccoli, onion, mushrooms and water chestnuts together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat stir the Velveeta cheese and mushroom soup together.
- Cook until the cheese is completely melted and mixture is smooth being sure to stir constantly so the cheese doesn't burn.
- When smooth add the garlic salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Pour over the broccoli.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Place mixture into freezer containers.
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
- When ready to bake place in the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly spray a 2 qt casserole with a non stick cooking spray.
- Place the broccoli mixture in the casserole dish.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with the cheddar cheese and continue baking 5 more minutes or until cheese has melted completely.
Frozen Creamy Broccoli was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by