Cod Tortilla Soup
Recipe type: Seafood
- ½ cup onions -- chopped
- 1 garlic clove -- minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes -- or to taste
- 1 - 14½ oz can chicken broth
- 1 - 14½ oz can whole peeled tomatoes - chopped
- ⅔ cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 - 5 oz cod fillets
- Chopped cilantro -- for garnish
- Tortilla strips
- In large skillet, saute onions and garlic until tender.
- Add oregano, cumin and red pepper flakes and saute for 2 minutes longer.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes and tomato liquid; bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes
- Add corn kernels
- Set cod fillets on top of broth and spoon liquid over cod
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes, or until cod just flakes when tested with a fork
- Set fillet in middle of bowl and spoon soup around it and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Garnish each bowl with tortilla strips
Cod Tortilla Soup was last modified: July 25th, 2014 by