Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup flour
- 3 large fresh eggs
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- sugar mixed with cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In sauce pan combine butter, salt, water and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour and stir until mixture thickens an is dough like.
- With an electric hand-mixer on low beat dough and add eggs 1 at a time mixing completely,
- Add the vanilla and mix well in to dough.
- Dough should look like mashed potatoes but feed sticky.
- Put dough into pastry bag or plastic bag with corner cut off.
- Squeeze slender lines of dough into rows leaving at least an inch in between each row. Each line of dough should be about 4 inches long.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until they are deep golden brown.
- Remove the cookie sheet and sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over the warm churros.
Cinnamon Churros was last modified: May 27th, 2014 by