- 6 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Cup white vinegar
- ¾ Cup sugar
- Freezer containers
- Place the cucumbers and onions together in a large mixing bowl,
- Add the salt.
- Mix well.
- Let stand for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Rinse the cucumbers and onion in cool water.
- Place them in the freezer containers.
- Mix the vinegar and sugar together until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture over the cucumbers and onions.
- Freeze for at least 3 weeks before eating.
- When ready to eat thaw in the refrigerator overnight or run under cold water if you want to thaw faster.
Arctic Pickles was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by