Apple Rice And Lentil Skillet
Recipe type: Side
- 2 cup uncooked lentils
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup fresh butter
- 2 carrots, coarse grated
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 6 teaspoon flour
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Put lentils in saucepan with the 4 cups water, bring to a boil, turn heat to low and simmer gently for 30 minutes. Drain excess water; set aside.
- In large skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. When melted, add the carrots and onions and cook just until vegetables are slightly softened, then add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the flour, applesauce, curry powder, and 2 cups water to the skillet, stir, turn heat to low, cover skillet and simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice, cooked lentils and cooked rice, stir gently, then serve immediately.
Apple Rice And Lentil Skillet was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by