Andouille Cajun Rice Casserole
Recipe type: Main
- ½ lb Andouille sausage
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire (if you are allergic to fish do not put this in)
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- Put sausage on broiler pan and broil just until slightly crisp, turning to cook evenly. Remove and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Use 2 quart Casserole Dish.
- Put remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Cut andouille sausage into ½ inch circles, then add to the other ingredients and toss to combine.
- Turn mixture into a casserole dish, cover, then put in preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly hot.
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes before uncovering to serve.
Andouille Cajun Rice Casserole was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by