A Little Peachy Freezer Jam
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 lbs peaches
- 2 Tablespoons ginger
- 5 Cups sugar
- 2 packages (1¾ oz) powdered pectin
- 1 Cups cold water
- 4 (1 pint) freezer containers with lids
- Remove the pits from the peaches and peel.
- Cut peaches up very fine to make approximately 4 Cups.
- Put peaches in a large mixing bowl.
- Add ginger and stir together completely.
- Slowly add the sugar and mix until well combined.
- Place the cold water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat and add pectin and bring to boil while stirring continuously.
- When water comes to a rapid boil cook 1 minute, then remove from heat and pour over mixture.
- Stir until all is combined and continue to stir for approximately 4 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the 1 pint freezer containers and cover with lids.
- Leave standing at room temperature for 1 full day (24 hours).
- Freeze for up to 6 months.
- When ready to use remove from freezer and allow coming to room temperature about 1 to 2 hours.
- Freezer jam will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
A Little Peachy Freezer Jam was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by