Hearty Kale Bean Soup In No Time Flat
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 regular carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 - 32 oz boxes chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cups (tightly packed) cleaned and chopped kale
- 1 - 15 oz. cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- In stock pot over medium heat add olive oil, carrots and onions and cook until softened.
- Add the garlic and stir, cook for a few minutes so garlic flavor combines.
- Add the broth and kale to the pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat just so the soup stays at a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Add the beans and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot in bowls with Parmesan cheese sprinkled over each serving.
Hearty Kale Bean Soup was last modified: May 15th, 2014 by