Recipe type: Bread
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 large yellow onions
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 can cream-style corn
- ½ cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 package yellow corn muffin mix
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In large skillet saute onions in butter until golden brown.
- Whisk together eggs, and milk until smooth.
- Stir in corn, bell pepper, muffin mix & dried oregano and mix well.
- Grease 9x9 pan and pour mixture into small baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese.
- Return to oven to melt & brown cheese for 5 minutes.
Cheese Cornbread was last modified: May 9th, 2014 by