Beefy Corn Chowder
Recipe type: Soup
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked whole kernel corn (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 2 spring onions, chopped (include green tops)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ to 1 Tbsp chili powder (to taste)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, brown ground beef in the oil until browned.
- Remove meat from pot.
- Add the butter and flour to the pot and stir together until blended, then continue stirring until the flour loses its white color.
- Immediately add the chicken broth & beef, stirring to combine completely.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir to combine, cover the pot, then turn heat down to low and simmer slowly for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
Beef Corn Chowder was last modified: July 14th, 2014 by