Recipe type: Breads
- 6 to 7 Cups of Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Shortening
- 4½ teaspoons of Active Dry Yeast
- 2¼ Cups Water (125°F)
- Mix together Water, Sugar, Salt, Shortening and Yeast.
- Let Yeast dissolve.
- Add 6 Cups of flour mix with wooden spoon. After you have mixed it as much as you can, use your hands to make sure it is mixed well. If it is still too sticky, add ¼ cup flour until it is no longer tacky.
- Placed in greased bowl in warm place and let rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and shape in to two loaves and put in loaf pans.
- Rise in loaf pans for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Use a small amount of butter on the tops of the loaves when they come out to keep the tops of the bread soft
White Bread was last modified: May 3rd, 2014 by