Quick Time Sweet Potato Bean Chili
Recipe type: Main
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced petite
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 4 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2½ cups water
- 2 - 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 tsp lime juice
- Combine in sauce pan oil, sweet potato, and onion and cook over medium-high heat.
- Stir and cook until sweet potato start to soften, then stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Add the water, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, and lime juice, stir and simmering about 10 minutes just until heated through.
- Serve with Sour Cream and Cilantro.
Sweet Potato Bean Chili was last modified: June 2nd, 2014 by