Summer Vegetable Casserole
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 1½ cups green beans -- sliced in 2"pieces
- 1¼ cups medium bow tie pasta -- about 3 ounces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash -- cut (1½cups)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil -- crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano -- crushed
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup shredded process swiss cheese
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 plum tomatoes -- diagonally sliced,about 1 cup
- ½ cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan cook green beans, covered, in salted boiling water for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add pasta.
- Return to boiling and boil cook 5 minutes more or till vegetables and pasta are tender.
- Set aside.
- Cook mushrooms, onion, basil, and oregano in hot butter till tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk.
- Cook and stir till bubbly
- Stir in Swiss cheese, and mustard.
- Cook for about 1 minute more.
- Gently toss cheese sauce with pasta vegetable mixture.
- Add tomatoes; toss gently.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese
- Bake in a 400°F oven 20-25 minutes or till hot
Summer Vegetable Casserole was last modified: April 10th, 2014 by