Six Minute Almond Green Bean Rice Skillet
Recipe type: Side
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup finely diced red bell peppers
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen French-cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 2 green onions, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large heavy skillet, place over medium heat, add butter and slivered almonds, and cook until almonds are light golden in color; about 1 minute.
- Add the red bell peppers to skillet and continue cooking and stirring until peppers soften slightly; about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and green beans and continue cooking and stirring until all ingredients are hot; about 3 minutes.
- Add the green onions, stir, taste and season as desired.
- Serve immediately.
Six Minute Almond Green Bean Rice Skillet was last modified: May 29th, 2014 by